Woke up this morning with the local news paper carrying a full page advertisement on The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40
It was way back in 1956, the Oyster Perpetual Day-Date made its debut. It was the first wristwatch to display the date and day of the week.
Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day Date 40 mm is the most radically changed version and looks simply evolutionary.Exclusively made in precious metals – gold or platinum
The new Chaine Bourg dial factory that Rolex invested in is doing what they have always done with their amazing dials available with the new day date 40 .We loved the new ice blue criss cross available in platinum Day Date 40 mm
Rolex 3255 movement boasts 14 patents, which, all together, account for the gains in precision, power reserve, shock resistance, and magnetism.More than 90 per cent of the movement parts have been redesigned and optimised, from those that produce and store energy (self-winding module and mainspring) to the regulating organ responsible for precision (oscillator), the gear train and the escapement.
Here are a few changes we noticed
- A new barrel and mainspring for a longer power reserve
- The variable-inertia balance wheel
- An improved gear train with new lubricants for less frictions
- A new perpetual rotor for a more rapid winding of the new high-capacity mainspring
- Parachrom is made from an exclusive-to-Rolex para-magnetic alloy .Rolex claims that it is said to be 10 times more precise and reliable accurate
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40, is a complete package,and like always Rolex has used its traditional style of just fine tuning and updating and keeping the main good points and staying alive with this model .Day Date 40 is comfortable, versatile luxury watch with plenty of advantages,reliability, a fantastic construction,
Its always a pleasure to review a Rolex
Stay posted for more Watches @ watchbazar